Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yayy a makeup post!

 I wanted to do a makeup blog, and this is a look I've done a few times since I got the Tarte Jewelry Box a few months ago.  It is a pretty good value, even if some of the eye shadows aren't as pigmented as I'd like.  I got it because I have very few matte shadows, and this came with 16 of them.  Here is the final look:

The products I used are:
Face:
  • Make up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 115
  • MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light
  • MAC Blush in Darkly My Dear
  • Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose Gold
  • MAC Mineralize Blush in The Soft Meow
  • Lancome Effacernes Waterproof in Porcelaine I
  • Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder
 Eyes:
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Tarte The Jewelry Box (shades used are circled)
  • MAC Eyeshadow in Vanilla (not pictured)
  • MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Swan
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Ransom
  • MAC False Lashes Mascara
  • MAC Studio Fix Lash Mascara
  • Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint Mascara
  • Brushes as shown - two are from crown brush and the other is the Sigma SS 224 (not sure what number it is in their new system).  I also used the Smashbox Smudger Brush #33, which is not pictured.
Lips:
  • MAC Lipliner in Dervish
  • MAC Viva Glam VI Lipstick
  • BUXOM Lip Polish in Zena
Nothing too complicated as far as application techniques.  I applied the matte taupe-y shadow to my lid with the big shader brush.  Then I used the purple sparkly shade in my crease and outer V with the Sigma SS 224.  I used the same shade on my lower lash line with my smudge brush.  Both of these shadows require a bit of layering, which is okay - if you used a colored base (cream shadow, NYX jumbo pencil, etc.) you'd get a better color payoff right away.   MAC Vanilla as my highlight color and blended in to the purple.  Then I added a fairly thin line of the Black Swan liner to my top lash line.  I used the Urban Decay Ransom liner on my water line.  For mascara, I did one coat of False Lashes mascara followed by one coat of Studio Fix lash.  On my lower lashes, I used the Too Faced Pinpoint.

For lips, I just lined my lips with Dervish (If you want more staying power for your lipstick, fill in your lips with your liner first).  Then one coat of Viva Glam VI, blot, then another coat.  I added the Buxom Zena on top to lighten it up just a touch.


I hope you guys like this look, and if you have the Tarte Jewelry box let me know if you try it out! Thoughts and comments are always appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment